Friday, February 1, 2013

:: Top 28 Picture Books #1 ::

Top 28 Picture Books

As a childrens' book author and illustrator, I am often asked which picture books are my favourites. Well for the entire month of February I will be posting my Top 28 Picture Books List! And there's more! I will also be sharing them as 8 bit Lego pieces. Let's get started...

#1 "The Giving Tree" by Shel Silverstein.

This simple yet poignant picture book tells a beautiful story about selflessness, sacrifice, and unconditional love. It will always have a special place in my heart, especially now as a new father.

I did not read this book until my teenage years, but I fell in love with it instantly. How can something so simple and sweet be so meaningful? The theme of appreciating parental sacrifices moves personally me to this day. I still can not read this book without reflecting on my own parent and of course shedding a tear or two or three or ten.

MSCED #32

2 comments:

  1. Not only do I love lists but I enjoy the creativity in which you're presenting the titles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks for your kind words and taking the time to comment. Hope you enjoy March's list as well :)

    ReplyDelete